Thursday, May 24, 2012

VBS 2012

VBS 2012

I am planning for this blog to be a mixture of our ministry and family life.  As I was thinking about this I realized that these two facets of life most of the time overlap.  Our whole family is involved in every aspect of the ministry, whether it be setting up and cleaning the church, teaching, preaching, visitation, Bible studies.  It is all part of the ministry, and part of our life.  I am praying that I can convey that through my posts.
     We had our VBS 2012 last week.  It was a wild, crazy, tiring week!  Our lowest attendance was 38 on Monday.  It grew every day, and on Friday we had 95!  We had 3 classes.  A little kids class  that was taught by one of our teen girls.

I taught a class of 7-12 year olds.  For a change, the majority of my class were boys...most of them unruly boys who like to fight!  The highest number I had was 43 on Friday.  It was quite a feat trying to keep their attention long enough to teach the lesson, but on Friday I was able to make a clear presentation of the Gospel to these children.  Quite a few of them were probably hearing it for the first time!  Here is my class on Wednesday...

When dealing with these kids, we always have to keep in mind that many of them do not attend school, and are not used to sitting still in a classroom.  Even those who attend school, go to the government schools, where there is little to no discipline.


Pastor Mohammad taught the youth class.  (Alyssa and Naomi were both in the youth class this year!!)
 Brian was in charge of the games and activities.  He also told the missionary story. 
We had 4 or 5 of our church ladies, who showed up every night to help out with the snacks and drinks, and sometimes crowd control!  It is a blessing when the church people get involved in reaching the lost in their village.  It was a great week!  

 If you look closely, you can see some scars on this boys face.  He is a fighter!  He came for 4 days, and finally on Friday he sat quietly, and didn't start a fight with anyone!  Believe in miracles!!
 

For the first time, we also used puppets in VBS.  Alyssa, Naomi, and Sahil (one of our teen boys) did a great job.  If any other missionary friends are in need of puppets for their ministry, I can get you in contact with the sweet lady who made ours for us. (Thanks Therry!)

There is so much more I could share about our VBS time.  I hope this gives a little glimpse, of one of the opportunities we use to reach children, and ultimately families.  Continue to pray as we follow up on contacts made during this week.  
It was a wild time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment