Monday, May 19, 2014

Bible Study: Strong Women in the Bible (Introduction)

Two evenings a week I lead Bible Studies for ladies.  One is on Tuesday nights in Chandigarh with the ZCFC Chandigarh fellowship, and the other is on Wednesday nights in Mohali with our college girls.  Both of these Bible studies have been keeping me busy with preparation.  I usually don't use the same study with both groups.  Mainly this is because I feel the needs are different in each group, and I try to keep that in mind when planning what to study.  Right now for the Chandigarh fellowship, we are studying purity.  The Mohali group is studying "Strong women of the Bible".

I have used some Bible study books in the past, but I usually revert back to making my own outlines.  Even when I use a book, I just use it as a base, and then branch out from there. 

For our recent Bible conference I taught 4 classes for the ladies.  When praying and studying in preparation for these classes, the Lord really impressed something on my heart, and gave me a study of the women of the Bible, different than what I had done before.  When leading a Bible study or ladies class, the teacher should be sharing what they have learned in the past, or what the Lord is currently teaching them, and that is exactly what happened for me with this study.
So, about once a week on this blog, I am planning to share with you some points or highlights of this Bible Study, "Strong Women of the Bible."

Strong Women of the Bible (Introduction) 
Most of the time in churches, and family conferences, we hear the verse about women being "the weaker vessel".I Peter 3:7  That is very true, women are, generally, weaker emotionally and physically. This verse is instructing husbands about the support and strength they need to be giving to their wives.  But, on the other hand, this verse does not say that women are to be "weak".  I am not advocating that women be overbearing, loud, and obnoxious, far from it. This sinful world is full of sickness, disasters, heart breaking realities and fearful worries.  We, as women, many times walk in the middle of trial and hardship.  During these times, falling apart and being weak and helpless will not help our husband, children, family, or church.  Think about the women that you know personally.  Who would you want to walk beside you during a crisis?  Why would you choose this person?  If someone was walking through a crisis, would they choose you to walk beside them?

Ephesians 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might
II Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Psalm 144:12  ...that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace

Stay tuned for a look at some women of the Bible who lived through terrible trials and crisis, but were strong for the Lord, and even in the midst of their personal fire, they changed their world.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great study!! Am looking forward to reading each post. Thanks for sharing with us!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete